CROSS OVER is intended for children and juniors of both sexes, aged from 7 to 17 years, divided into groups according to age categories and levels adopted basketball skills.
The work program is the deed of Prof. Dr. Nenad Trunić, which is one of the most eminent experts for coaching young basketball players in Europe. This is confirmed by the World Basketball Federation - FIBA, which certified Dr. Trunić as official FIBA instructor.
SEE THE EXAMPLE OF TRAINING FROM PRINTED VERSION OF PROFESSOR TRUNIĆS PROGRAM
THIS PROGRAM SURPRISED ALL THE COACHES PRESENT AT THE CAMPS IN PAST THREE YEARS, PRIMARILY BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY, SCOPE AND ATTENTION TO DETAILS.
The program of work stands on the basis of the gradual adoption of the technique , and positive approach to errors .
What does that mean?
When a player in the learning process makes a mistake, he should not be severely criticized because he does not made that mistake on purpose. Raising tensions could negatively affect the learning process. Instead, the player is encouraged to fix the error, and every, even the smallest progress in the work stands out as a positive thing. So young basketball player has the opportunity to feel his/her progress, to be happy with the improvements, and that with stable progress of adoption technology , adopt proper technique which will be hard to forget.
This approach to the camp CROSS OVER is implemented through two training sessions a day. Players are divided by two criteria - by age and adopted basketball knowledge (" quality “). This ensures that the individual progresses in a leveled basketball skills group.
In addition to training, athletes can share experience talking with the promoters, through a form of interactive lectures, gaining knowledge and encouragement for further work. And what’s better for the morale of young athletes , but to meet and talk with successful players, their idols.
Then there are the non-basketball activities that contribute young athletes in order relax and wait next training joyfully. These activities are carried out through a variety of games, parties, going to the pool and on the excursions.
SUMMARY OF BASKETBALL CAMP PROGRAM
The basic idea of the camp CROSS OVER is to promote the values of the "old Yugoslav school of basketball" in terms of training and development of technical and tactical elements and with a desire that camp participants, by appropriate pedagogical approach of coaches, get interested in the learning and development of basketball secrets during whole their careers .
The main aim of this camp is that, through the game and socializing of children, players and coaches get familiar with the basic aspects of modern training technology in basketball and to get information about what stands on the way from novice to top players. How to transform talent into ability, and how to make top basketball player from very first dribbling, is what we will try to explain to all the athletes and coaches , campers at CROSS OVER.
GOALS OF CROSS OVER BASKETBALL CAMP
The dominant goal of the camp is to, through ten-day concentrated and intense professional work with children athletes (boys and girls), we gain insight into their level of technical and tactical skills. In addition, the main task of all the coaches at the camp is to make the transformation of children players potential in to basketball performance elements that are required for a given age. The concept of the camp, which will be implemented under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Nenad Trunić (former cadet and junior national team player and former coach of U16 and U17 men's basketball teams of Serbia) is based on laying the foundation of the training process with young players, and the realization of the following objectives:
- Defining the current motor control and technical-tactical level of all the participants of the camp;
- Implementation of training technology that will correct the "bad habits " and create new mechanisms for performing elements of individual techniques and tactics , as well as the development of the majority of the fundamental skills that make the game of basketball ;
- The formation of regular and quality habits connected to the intense training process ;
- Learning , correcting and perfecting the basic fundamentals of individual , group and collective tactics of attack and defense;
- Intensive impact on education and socialization of young players;
- Developing of love and enthusiasm for basketball, teammates, opponents, coaches, judges and all the other members of “basketball universe.”
- Exchange of experience on the international level and making new friends ;
- Refinement of the theoretical and practical knowledge of all present coaches, through giving information about the objectives of training technology for players of different age categories.
Planned tasks of CROSS OVER basketball camp
- Work on the training and development of basketball fundamentals through a training activity and competition (to be implemented in 15 to 18 of training sessions).
- Check of basketball knowledge gained through the competition in the 1-1 game, shooting, basketball skills and games , which will be realized during the entire camp .
- Professional pedagogical training of coaches and effective exchange of information and knowledge among trainers.
- Organization of thematic discussions with camp professional management in order to gain knowledge and better understanding of the purpose of the training and educational process in basketball.
- Implementation of training demonstrations with the promoters of the camp.
- Creating friendly relations through socializing and cooperation during non-training activities of children-athletes.
- Organization of cultural and entertainment activities during spare time.
- Giving instructions for continuing of proper training in campers clubs.
THE CONTENT OF TRAINING
- Assessment of the current technical and tactical training level of the athletes.
- Training for teaching and improvement of necessary basketball skills.
- The development of motor skills for each athletes age category.
- Giving instructions to resume training after the completion of the camp.
- Assessing the competitive success of young players through friendly competitions.
- Creating an adequate incentive structure of child basketball player for “basketball in the future.”
- Realize these goals through playing, fun, and thus meet the basic needs of children for companionship and entertainment through basketball.
FRAME OF CAMPERS DAILY PROGRAM
- Preparing for a morning training session by talking with the coach about the tasks of training
- Realization of schedule and training program ( training duration is 90 to 120 minutes depending on the goal of training and age of players group)
- Training analysis
- Resting time
- Preparing for the afternoon training
- Implementation of training
- Training analysis
- Competitions in basketball skills on the planed days of the camp .
- Evening fun for coaches and players.
- Non-training cultural and entertainment activities.
Prof . Nenad Trunić ,
College of Sports and Health, Belgrade,